WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Marsh Canada Limited (“Marsh” or the “Company”) strives to protect the privacy and the confidentiality of personal information that we process, including that of visitors to this website (the “Site”).
This Privacy Statement explains what personal information we collect through this Site, how we use, share, and protect that personal information, and what your rights are with respect to your personal information that we gather.
Scope of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies solely to data collected via the Site and websites we control that link to this Privacy Statement. We gather this information when:
- You visit or use our Site
- Information is gathered via automated means as visitors navigate through our Site.
- You send messages to us through this Site
- You view or click on ads or other online content
- Your create an account
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to:
- Information we collect through other sources: The Privacy Statement does not apply to information we may collect about you through other means (for example by phone or in the context of a direct client relationship), although such information may be covered by separate privacy policies.
What Data Do We Collect?
The information collected through the Site falls into two categories:
1. Information voluntarily supplied by users and visitors to our Site; and
2. Information gathered via automated means as visitors navigate through our Site
How Do We Use the Personal Information We Collect?
We will use the information provided by you in order to:
- respond to your inquiries on this Site (for example, we may send you electronic or written materials or, if you supply us with your telephone number, you may receive telephone contact from us in response to your request)
- administer, improve, and personalize the Site
- maintain network security and performance and protect against cyber-attacks
- market our services to you, including ours, those of our affiliates, and those of other third parties
- comply with and enforce applicable laws, industry standards, and our own policie
verify your identity
- register and service your online account
- provide you with services and products you request
- allow you to manage the services you requested
- conduct research, statistical analysis, survey/demographical interpretation, and other data studies based on the data collected
- contact you when necessary and to respond to your requests and inquiries
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent
Who Do We Share Your Data With?
We share or may share your personal information as follows:
- as part of a business transfer
- As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, user information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either the Company itself or any of the Company’s assets were acquired (including through bankruptcy proceedings), your personal information may be one of the transferred asset
- to address legal concerns
- The Company may preserve, and has the right to disclose any information about you or your use of this Site, without your prior permission if the Company has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of the Company or its affiliates, other users of this Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and
The Company conditions that apply to use of this Site; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to claims of suspected or actual illegal activity; (e) respond to an audit or investigate a complaint or security threat; or (f) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests
We will not disclose, share, sell, or otherwise use your personal information without your consent, except to the extent required by law, in accordance with your instructions, or as identified in this Privacy Statement.
Third parties to whom we disclose information are required by law and/or contractual requirements to keep your personal information confidential and secure. These parties may not use or disclose it except as reasonably necessary to provide services to you, on our behalf, on behalf of your employer, or to comply with or as permitted by applicable law.
What Steps Do We Take to Protect Your Information?
All information that you submit through this Site is collected, stored, and processed within Marsh-controlled databases some of which may reside in the United States. When stored in the United States, your personal information may be accessed by U.S. courts, law enforcement and national security authorities. We restrict access to your personal information to employees of ours and our affiliates and to service providers who need to use it to provide this Site and our products or services. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which it was collected and other permitted purpose(s), including retention of personal information required by contract, law or regulation. Our retention periods are based on business, legal and regulatory needs with information that is no longer needed either de-identified or securely destroyed.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Keeping your information accurate and up-to-date is very important. Inaccurate or incomplete information could impact our ability to deliver relevant services to you. Please let us know about any changes that may be required to your personal information via our “contact us” form.
Questions, Requests or Complaints
To submit questions or requests regarding this Privacy Statement or the Company’s privacy practices, please email us at Chiefprivacyofficer.email@example.com