Collecting cars is a lifelong passion for many people, but there are considerations that might not immediately come to mind when starting out or building your collection. In this episode, host Pete Walther and Brian Rabold, Vice President of Automotive Intelligence at Hagerty, discuss how people tend to get into collector cars, questions to consider when just starting out, and the exciting future that could be in store for collector cars.
Brian's top pieces of advice for both seasoned collectors and new enthusiasts:
- Collect what you love.
- Consider how you want to use your cars.
- If you plan on driving your cars, research and purchase accordingly.
- Join online forums to learn about cars you are considering before purchase.
- Seek out video buyers’ guides for the make and model to learn the quirks.
- If you are unsure of any aspect of a purchase, consult an expert.
- Make sure your policy covers the true value of your collection.
- Be knowledgeable about what your policy allows during a loss event.
- Know what limitations on usage your policy allows.
- Be sure to discuss in detail each part of the collection in estate planning.
- Share your car! Your passion and collection can spark a love of cars in others.
To learn more, please visit: Drive Into the World of Collector Cars.