Post Harvey Resources
To assist our clients in Texas who may be impacted by Hurricane Harvey, Marsh PCS has compiled the following list of resources. The safety of our clients and their loved ones is our top priority. Please stay safe and reach out to us directly at 800-814-5500 or MarshPCS@marsh.com if you have questions or need assistance. If you need to file a claim please call the Claims hotline at 866-829-3036 or send an email to PCSLV.CLAIMS@marsh.com.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
Federal guidelines only allow housing assistance when a primary residence is impacted by a presidentially-declared disaster. Most disaster assistance from the Federal government is in the form of low interest loans.
Texas Department of Public Safety
Public School Information
- Parent Resources: 512-463-9000
For up-to-date information on public education options and enrollment information for students in Houston, Beaumont, and Victoria areas. (8 a.m. - 5 p.m. 7days/week)
Emergency/Non-Emergency Help and Information Lines
- AlertHouston: Non-Emergency Help or Information: 3-1-1 or 713-837-0311.
- Shelter, food, and disaster services: 2-1-1.
- Disaster SNAP: For applicant instructions on the Texas Health and Human Services - Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program that offers short-term food assistance benefits to families recovering from a disaster.
- Airbnb is waiving service fees for those affected by the disaster between Aug. 23 and Sept. 25.
- Direct Relief is shipping medicine and medical supplies to Texas, and has made its medical inventory of more than $100 million available for the Harvey relief effort.
- AmeriCares takes medicine and supplies to survivors.
- The American Kidney Fund is providing emergency financial grants to dialysis patients.
Open Shelter Information
- American Red Cross: Find open shelters in your area online or call 800-733-2767.
- FEMA Emergency Lodging Assistance Program: Find a participating hotel in your area.
- Texas State Park Camping: Free to hurricane evacuees. Please call parks to check availability.
Texas Windstorm Insurance Assoc. & Texas FAIR Plan
- Report a Claim Online or call in English at 877-281-1431 or call in Spanish at 866-443-3144 (phone lines open 24/7)
- Corpus Christi Mobile Location
Lindale Recreation Center
3133 Swantner Street
Corpus Christi, Texas 78404
Hours: 8 AM to 6 PM
- Rockport Mobile Location
1102 East Laurel Street
Rockport, Texas 78382
Hours: 8 AM to 6 PM
- Texas Department of Insurance Consumer Help Line: 800-252-3439
- Drivetexas.org (Flooded Roads & Conditions)
- TxDOT Statewide Road Closures: 800-452-9292
- Relay Service: 7-1-1
- Shelter, food, and disaster services: 2-1-1
Rebuilding/Clean Up Information
- All Hands Volunteers will be working on damaged homes and removing debris.
- Samaritan’s Purse volunteer teams are helping homeowners by cutting trees and adding tarps to roofs, among other tasks.
- SBP: a national disaster recovery nonprofit will conduct damage assessment and help residents rebuild.
- Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline: File a complaint online or call 800-621-0508.
- Houston Recovers
- Texas A&M After a Disaster PDF Download
- The Houston Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has set up an animal emergency response hotline 713-861-3010
- U.S. Small Business Administration Loans: SBA offers low interest, long-term disaster loans to disaster-impacted homeowners, renters, businesses of all sizes, and private non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, and private universities.
Last Updated September 15, 2017