For more than 35 years, Marsh Private Client Services (PCS) has focused on providing comprehensive personal insurance solutions and risk management consultation to financially successful individuals and families. You work hard to earn a client’s trust by helping them manage their assets and wealth. Don’t let a single serious loss undermine all the efforts of your counsel.
Our Specialized Expertise
We begin by engaging with clients and other trusted advisors, like you, to complete a personal risk management analysis. Next we help clients build comprehensive personal insurance programs specifically tailored to their lives and unique risk profiles.
Because high-net-worth clients typically have complex lifestyles, Marsh PCS provides specialized expertise in risk categories such as family offices, fine art, yacht, equestrian, and more.
Clients of Marsh PCS gain access to the nation’s top specialty insurance carriers, specifically those catering to affluent individuals and families. And, as a division of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh PCS has access to resources across the globe.
Introducing Your Clients to Marsh PCS
By explaining the importance of the services Marsh PCS provides, you can help clients understand the value of considering us as part of their overall wealth and asset protection strategy. Here’s an example:
A comprehensive advisory team should include an insurance expert. Marsh Private Client Services is one of the most highly regarded high-net-worth insurance firms, and they can help ensure your assets are protected.
As your advisor, I recommend we look to Marsh PCS for a complimentary risk analysis to evaluate your existing program. Overall, too many high-net-worth personal insurance programs include gaps and inefficiencies, and I want to be sure that yours isn’t one of them. Please provide me with your insurance information, and I will work with Marsh PCS to set up the risk analysis.
Should the unfortunate happen and a client needs to file a claim, we act as the client’s advocate during the claim process. This story illustrates the value we provide:
Our client, a Major League Baseball player, had been traveling for several weeks and suffered a water leak in his condo. The client’s carrier felt it wasn’t necessary to test for mold in the rest of the condo. We disagreed and engaged senior leadership with the carrier, along with a reputable testing company. The testing company found a significant mold issue throughout the condo, including the HVAC system.
Without the engagement of our claims team, our VIP client could have suffered severe medical issues. At the end of the day, the carrier paid an additional $75,000 for mold clean-up and remediation.
Encourage Clients to Consider a Risk Analysis
Sometimes your client may be hesitant or uncertain about looking into a better insurance option. Here are some replies you can use to common objections:
I want to stay with my current insurance broker.
- Many of my clients have said the same but were surprised by the level of detail and service Marsh PCS provided. This is a no-obligation insurance review.
- I respect loyalty. Sometimes we find that clients outgrow their current insurance program and need better protection.
This is not an ideal time to make a change.
- Is there ever a good time? Marsh PCS will make this process as painless as possible.
- Improper coverage that results in unexpected out-of-pocket expenses is more than just bad timing; it can disrupt your life and threaten your hard-earned assets.
I’m all set with my insurance.
- Are you sure? Has a professional insurance advisor reviewed your program recently?
My insurance is with Chubb, ACE, AIG (or another high-net-worth carrier).
- It’s great that you are with a carrier that specializes in protecting high-net-worth individuals. But are you sure your program has been designed effectively for your unique risk profile?
- Many high-net-worth insurance programs contain gaps or inefficiencies.