Student Tenants Insurance Program


For Students Living in Residence at Canadian Universities and Colleges

As a student living in residence at a Canadian university or college, you can help protect your contents with tenants insurance. Students are eligible for insurance under the program if:

a) The educational institution where you are enrolled is a participant in the program.

b) You have already received a Certificate of Property Insurance in your name from Marsh Canada that confirms you are covered under the program.

Administered by Marsh Canada Limited, managed by Excess Underwriting, and underwritten by Certain Lloyd’s Underwriters, the program provides students with the following:

  • Coverage for personal property and contents up to $10,000 ($500 deductible).
  • Additional Living Expenses up to $2,500, if you are unable to live in your residence.
  • Personal Liability coverage up to $1,000,0000.

For a complete description of the coverage provided under the program including all terms and conditions, policy provisions, limitations and exclusions, please follow this link